Compassionate, Caring Legal Assistance For Burn Victims From Our Atlanta Burn Injury Attorneys
Burn injuries are among the most serious types of injuries, requiring extensive medical care while leaving lasting scars. At the law firm of Calvin A. Edwards, Jr., we understand how painful recovery can be, both for patients and their loved ones. Our Atlanta burn injury attorneys are here to help you throughout this difficult time. We offer compassionate, caring legal representation, working one on one with you to help you get the compensation you need during the long road to recovery.
Atlanta Burn Injury Attorneys: Providing Help For Burn Injury Victims and Their Families
Unlike firms in which clients are no more than case numbers, our Atlanta burn injury attorneys offer personalized service to help ensure you get the care you need. Healthline advises that burn injuries require immediate and often ongoing medical treatment, and can cause extensive scarring while affecting the body’s organs and functioning, depending on the degree of the burn:
- First degree burns: While these generally cause minimal skin damage, they can be serious if the area covers more than three inches or is on the face or one of the joints, such as the knee, elbow, or foot.
- Second degree burns: These often result in blistering and may require skin grafting to repair damage. Patients also face the risk of potentially dangerous infections.
- Third degree burns: These penetrate through the layers of the skin, resulting in extensive scarring and damage to the nerves and body organs.
- Fourth degree burns: These are the most severe types of burn, penetrating to the muscles, bones, and tendons.
At the law firm of Calvin A. Edwards, Jr, we are here to support burn victims and their families during the process of recovery, which often involves a lengthy recovery and multiple procedures in specialized care settings to repair the damage done.
How Our Atlanta Burn Injury Attorneys Can Assist You
Burn injuries are often the result of another’s reckless or negligent conduct, occurring in car accidents, due to fires or exposure to heat and chemicals, or due to acts of violence. Our Atlanta burn injury attorneys can advise you on how to hold responsible parties accountable for damages you suffer through a personal injury claim or lawsuit. Under Section 51-12-1 of the Georgia Code, types of compensation available include:
- Medical expenses, which includes ongoing treatments and surgery to repair the damage done;
- Lost wages and future losses in earnings or benefits;
- Compensation for pain, suffering, and disfigurement caused by your injuries;
- Punitive damages, which is compensation meant to punish those responsible for your injuries.
For caring, compassionate legal representation to assist you in getting the compensation you deserve, call or contact the law firm of Calvin A. Edwards, Jr. online today. Through a no cost, no obligation consultation with our Atlanta burn injury attorneys, we can advise you on the best course of action in your situation.